Welcome to our 8 day Norfolk Island adventure. Making our way to the international airport we prepare to board the short flight across to Norfolk Island. We arrive on the island mid-afternoon and warmly greeted by a representative from Baunti Tours. From the airport we are driven to our accommodation at the South Pacific Resort. Set in lush subtropical gardens with mountain and valley views, we have the perfect surroundings to ease ourselves into our environment. The resort is located in the township of Burnt Pine so we’ll have the ability to wander through the shops during our free time. Settling into our rooms we can enjoy a rest from our travels or take a wander around the resort to see what’s on offer. Tonight we take our places in a convict-built building and participate in a Traditional Dinner of Norfolk Island recipes and delicacies. Enjoying a delightful evening sampling traditional island food and culture, our host entertains us as a Bounty Mutineer Descendant and Norfolk Island icon.
Paradise Hotel & Resort, Norfolk Island Dinner on tour
We wake to the peaceful sound of birds, a terrific way to start the day. Collected by Baunti Escapes, we head off on the Discover Our World tour. We will be introduced to the island to set the scene for our stay. Our tour includes a visit to the convict buildings in historic Kingston and St Barnabas Chapel, built from the ruins of the New Gaol. The afternoon’s Convict Kingston Tour returns to Kingston and hear about the first settlers, the Polynesians who came 900 years ago and the facts and legends associated with the first and second convict settlements. Following dinner at the resort we travel into the bushland of Norfolk Island. It is here that we are treated to a Wonderland By Night! The setting is 10 acres of magical Norfolk pines and bushland lit up like an enchanted forest. We’ll meander along (or ride in the ‘Moon Buggy’) a winding pathway with our guide reciting poems and lighting up dioramas throughout the bush. A light supper winds up our tour.
Breakfast & Dinner in Hotel
For the literature lovers, this morning is about you. We visit the property of the late Colleen McCullough for a look into her world. The widely known author of 24 books called Norfolk Island home for almost 36 years. She and husband, Norfolk Islander, Ric Robinson, created a luxurious hideaway and maintained their privacy to ensure that Colleen had the perfect environment for her writing. Some of her most powerful titles were created in this much loved sanctuary. We are escorted through her beloved property “Out Yenna” with the magnificent home housing a priceless collection of artefacts gathered on their travels all over the world. We will see where her books were researched and where she worked into the wee hours creating the incredible tales that have sold in their millions. The afternoon is spent at the Pitcairn Settlers Village. Here we experience what life was like for Norfolk Island’s most recent settlers, the Pitcairners and their descendants at one of the last few remaining original settler’s properties. Light refreshments are included during our visit.
Freshen up and get ready to set off to the western side of the island for the wonderful Island Fish Feast. Perched on the clifftop above Anson Bay we will have an eagle-eyed view of the tiny crescent shaped beach and the magnificent spread of ocean stretching to the far horizon. We’ll enjoy paddock to plate freshness including local fish, prepared the local way! We’ll be charmed by an entertainer and Tahitian-style dancers.
Breakfast in Hotel | Dinner on tour
Gardeners Delight is a personalised tour journeying behind the scenes of bounty mutineer descendants, experiencing a market garden complete with a flower garden and an orchard. A secluded old island home surrounded by the most amazing gardens, are irrigated by a hand dug well which was dug in the convict era. Next stop is a labour of love that is inspirational. We visit a picturesque garden with amazing views. Morning tea is served at a scenic location. The four gardens visited have all been well received by Gardening Australia. Next we visit a clean, green and sustainable dairy goat farm. We meet Emily from the Hilli Goat – the Norfolk Whey and her cheeky goats for an enchanting afternoon. Witness the happy and healthy goats being milked, walk the edible garden and see the cheese making. It is a fun and interesting tour with an amazing array of delicious treats, served on the front deck of her home. Tonight we enjoy an evening with some locals and join a Progressive Dinner. We are welcomed into the homes of Norfolk Islanders to enjoy their hospitality, treated to a three course dinner and listen to their wonderful stories of island life.
Breakfast in Hotel | Dinner on tour
Our morning is free to do as we wish. Wander through the Burnt Pine shops or simply relax at the resort. This afternoon we visit the stunning 360° panoramic painting at Cyclorama which continues to impress with its ‘wow’ factor. It brings to life the Bounty mutiny and the history of the Norfolk Island people.
Breakfast & Dinner in Hotel
Following some time to wander through the markets, we transfer to a very special spot – the clifftop destination of Forresters Court, overlooking Cascade Bay. Our visit here will be another tour highlight as we enjoy a delicious High Tea. Served on their magnificent lawns, we’ll enjoy decadent food, a glass of sparkling wine and the glorious scenery. A beautifully presented setting with linen and fine china we enjoy our tea and coffee and a selection of local liqueurs to round out our indulgent afternoon. Our day complete, we return to Burnt Pine.
Breakfast & Dinner in Hotel | High Tea lunch
This morning our group will be split into two, so we can best explore what Norfolk Island has to offer. Group 1 will join the Norfolk Today Tour and learn how Norfolk Islanders live in the 21st century and make life on this tiny South Pacific Island possible. How is petrol and gas brought to the island? How is the island powered? This is a behind the scenes tour where we’ll meet the locals and see how Norfolk plays a role in the worldwide weather monitoring as well as visiting the community radio station. Later today we are picked up for our unique Glass Bottom Boat tour. Once we’ve “walked the plank” with these ‘mutineer descendants’ it takes a minute to get to the Reef. View beautiful coral gardens and tropical fish inside the calm crystal waters of Norfolk’s lagoon. Our guide will provide interesting commentary on this environmental tour. Dinner is at our resort before retiring for the evening.
Breakfast & Dinner in Hotel
Collecting our belongings, we head to the airport for our return flight to Brisbane. Once our flight lands, we clear customs and immigration then head for home, completing our fabulous Norfolk Island tour.
Breakfast in Hotel
All itineraries are subject to change due to occasional restrictions in opening times or days of some attractions. We cannot be held responsible for any changes due to closures or inclement weather.
- Home p/up & return * (conditions Apply)
- Return Coach transfers – Sunshine Coast to Brisbane Airport
- Return Economy Airfares – Brisbane / Norfolk Isl
- 7 night’s motel accommodation
- 7 cooked motel breakfasts
- 4 motel dinners – 3 other dinners included below
- Baunti Tours Airport meet and greet and return
- Baunti Tours Progressive Dinner (3 course)
- Baunti Tours Discover Our World
- Baunti Tours Convict Kingston Tour
- Pinetree Tours Wonderland by Night
- Baunti Tours Pitcairn Settlers Village
- Baunti Tours Island Fish Feast with transfers
- Baunti Tours Gardeners Delight
- Baunti Tours The Hilli Goat – The Norfolk Whey
- Baunti Tours Cyclorama
- Baunti Tours Traditional Dinner
- Baunti Tours High Tea at Forresters Court
- Baunti Tours Norfolk Today Tour
- Baunti Tours Glass Bottom Boat
- Baunti Tours Colleen McCullough Home Tour
- Paradise Hotel & Resort, Norfolk Island
- VALID PHOTO ID REQUIRED – passport preferred
- Qantas – once deposits become non-refundable (Wednesday 12 January 2022) any cancellation after this period forfeits the deposit.
- Once ticketed, any passenger cancellation will be refunded the air taxes only.
- Accommodation cancelled within 30 days has a 100% cancellation fee applicable
- Touring on Norfolk – within 7 days 100% cancellation fee applies
Coolum Tours & Travel advises:
- The Airline reserves the right to amend their schedule and airfares without notice
- The airfares and applicable government taxes may change without notice
- Norfolk Island is now classified as part of Australia however travel is still via the international airports and international terminals.
- Medicare covers Norfolk Island.
- No responsibility for damage or loss of personal belongings and suggests that suitable insurance is advisable for protection of the same
- No responsibility or liability for delays, accidents, injury, irregularity, or damage caused by other transport / touring companies used as part of this tour or the weather.
Please complete the form below or download and print the form here.
You may pay by cheque, credit card over the phone or by Direct Deposit to
Coolum Tours and Travel
Acc # 666873